Introducing a Bachelor's Degree Completion Program for Working Women
For more than 165 years, Mills College has been a leader in providing transformative educational opportunities to women. In fall 2018, we expanded these opportunities with a Bachelor’s Degree Completion Program for women who want to return to college and complete their degree while they continue to work. Whether your goal is to advance your career or achieve the personal milestone that graduation represents, you’ll have the support you need to finish your degree in an environment dedicated to your success.
Is this Program Right for Me?
Our Bachelor's Degree Completion Program is designed for working adults who want to complete their bachelor's degree at night with some online and weekend classes. This program may be right for you if the following statements apply:
- I completed high school at least six years ago and haven't enrolled at Mills at any time in the past two years.
- I've already completed at least 60 transferable semester credits (90 quarter credits).
- I was assigned female at birth, or I'm a self-identified woman.*
You'll complete your bachelor's degree in less than two years, depending on your prior course work and the schedule that best fits your life.
We'll Support You to Achieve Your Goals.
From start to finish, we'll guide you through the process of completing your bachelor's degree. While you’re considering Mills, our admissions counselors will help you explore your options for degree completion based on your prior course work. After you've applied for the program, we'll review your transfer credits and recommend the best path to achieve your goal. During your time at Mills, a dedicated faculty advisor will work with you and your academic navigator to help you stay the course to graduation.
Why Choose Mills?
- One of the top-ranked colleges in the West
- Small classes with accessible professors
- One-on-one academic advising and coaching
- Five majors tailored for working women completing degrees
- Flexible scheduling options, including a combination of evening, weekend, and online classes
- Easy credit transfer process
- Affordable per-credit tuition pricing and financial aid available
- Full complement of career services
- Convenient location in Oakland, California, just off Highway 580
What Can I Study?
一本到国内在线视观看-一道本不卡高清专区-一本在线高清不卡dvdYou can choose from five popular and marketable majors to complete your degree. You’ll be able to fulfill requirements through a combination of credits you transfer from your previous college(s), courses at Mills that are easy to fit into your schedule, and individual projects that reflect your unique interests and goals. All five majors in our Bachelor's Degree Completion Program feature the hallmarks of a jefflail.comcation—an inclusive and empowering learning environment; small classes where creative, independent thinking and social justice are highly valued; and personal attention from professors who inspire and mentor you to graduation and beyond.
Your love of literature and writing can become a powerful resource for the next stage of your career. As an English major at Mills, you’ll work closely with professors who are acclaimed authors and scholars. They’ll help you strengthen writing and critical thinking skills required for success in a range of rewarding professions, such as publishing, media, marketing, and law.
What kind of change do you want to make in the world? Majoring in ethnic studies will develop your vision and abilities as an agent of social change in fields ranging from art to urban planning. You’ll analyze dynamics of race, class, and gender that you’ve experienced in your own life, conduct community-based research, and gain skills through hands-on projects with local organizations.
一本到国内在线视观看-一道本不卡高清专区-一本在线高清不卡dvdCreate your own personalized major that combines your interests and prior studies. Your faculty advisor will help you develop and realize your vision for a unique interdisciplinary program that includes courses from at least two different majors offered in the Bachelor's Degree Completion Program. You’ll be empowered to build a path that reflects your personal passions.
Politics, Economics, Policy & Law
一本到国内在线视观看-一道本不卡高清专区-一本在线高清不卡dvdSet your sights on a high-impact career. This major offers you the choice of four concentrations: politics and government, economics, public policy, or law. Mills alumnae who’ve studied these subjects are winning election to public office, developing government policies, shaping laws, advocating for social justice, analyzing markets, leading businesses and nonprofits, and making a difference in countless other ways.
This flexible major enables you to explore the social issues you’re passionate about, with courses on topics ranging from gender inequality to immigration. Mentored by faculty, you’ll draw upon your past and current studies to conduct an original research project. You’ll gain an excellent foundation for graduate school and for diverse careers that demand strong research, analytic, and communication skills.
Mailee Wang '07
一本到国内在线视观看-一道本不卡高清专区-一本在线高清不卡dvdI returned to Mills for the rigorous program, the small class size, and the supportive and accessible professors and colleagues.
* Mills College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, marital status, age, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, or disability in our admission policies, in our scholarship and loan programs, or in the educational programs, cocurricular activities, and residential facilities which we operate. Students of all genders are eligible for admission to our graduate programs. Self-identified women and people assigned female sex at birth who do not identify with the gender binary are eligible for admission to our undergraduate programs.